Saturday, July 19, 2014

3rd joining package + a visit from my cousins + Wild Swans!



The third joining package arrived today! Loads and loads of medical and personal documents/forms to submit but I'm super happy to have something concrete from the college. Oh they also sent us the college handbook!  It's a brief summary of the college facilities, the seasonal weather and general rules to tell us roughly what we should expect from everyday life there. It also contains a great packing list with helpful tips from the college staff on what we should/shouldn't be bringing.



And I've finally finish this book. Wild Swans. The profoundly poignant story of 20th century China told through the perspective of a lineage of three Chinese women.  It's got so much history, so much content, so many feelings.
Let me just say that this book made me proud to be Chinese. It's help me realise the struggle and strife of my people and I'm just so proud to be a member of one of the most resilient and determined races in the world. This book is one of the greatest odes to the bravery and courage of the Chinese ever written. Jung Chang is my new heroine. 


Also, my relatives from Johor Bahru came alllll the way to Ipoh to visit us today. Took my cousins to Plan B for dinner and boy, did my stomach thank me. 
Not all of their dishes are great though some of them are definitely worth a try. Their drinks are 😍 




No comments:

Post a Comment