Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Beginning

It is both incredible and bewildering to realise that in approximately 70 days I will be leaving home for good, well on my way to Armenia to begin the next chapter of my life at United World College Dilijan.I've known this since March but it still hasn't really sunk in that I will soon be leaving family, church, friends and my home -basically everything I'm familiar with- and heading to college in a land that I know almost nothing about.



I still feel very, very amazed at the opportunity I have in my hands now. The chance to go one of the best schools in the world with other kids from all around the globe. Getting to know their cultures and lifestyles first-hand by living with them. Discussing politics, news and global issues with people who represent almost every possible opinion and perspective in the world. To make lifelong friends with really amazing, passionate and driven people. Where else would you get such a chance? 

Here are some pictures that I took from the UWC Dilijan College facebook page.




 



And for this, I am thankful. Thankful to God, my family and to everyone who's supported me. Really, I can't be grateful enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment